Monday 26 May 2014

'Special' Sized Clothing

So one advert that seems to be on repeat at the moment is the advert for 'Simple Be' which is a clothing line for plus sized women. Every time I see the advert I keep seeing something I like, the realising they only do sizes 12 - 32, which is too big for me. This clothing company is quite a big well known name, however I think it's slightly unfair that they only do sizes 12 - 32. If a large company started only doing size 4 - 10 for 'skinny people only' there would be a huge craze saying how horrible it was. And I agree that size 0 models are demonstrating an unhealthy body weight and shape for young girls, but being size 32 is just as unhealthy, but there seems to be a problem with people saying that. I don't understand how some companies can only do these sizes without anything being said. Evans, another well known store also only does sizes 14 - 32.
However most other well known stores do a huge mix, New Look does sizes 4 - 32 (including petite and plus size sections) Asos does sizes 4 - 26 and Dorothy Perkins does sizes 6 - 22. Topshop only does sizes 6 - 16 and River Island does sizes 6 - 18 which aren't as varied as the others but still quite a large range.
Obviously there are websites that do only 'Petite' clothing, however these tend to be for 'short' people rather than 'thin' people, the same as there are 'tall' ranger for taller people.
I am really fed up of being told that 'skinny' isn't normal, when a lot of people, both boys an girls are naturally skinny, and young people need to be reminded that it can be just as unhealthy to be over weight as it is to be under weight.
This was just something that kind of annoyed me, and I just wanted to see what all of your feelings on this subject were?

Byeeeeeeeee.

Twitter : @bexrenshaw
Facebook : www.facebook.co.uk/bexrenshaw.bbb
Instagram : oh_boo_x
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof08et9DP7sMC8-nqq-ZUg 

1 comment:

  1. By October 2012 I was a size 16-18 (and only getting bigger by the year) and hated it so went on a liquid diet for 11 weeks and lost 30lbs which changed my life/eating habits/bla bla bla as now I'm a size 10-12. I totally agree with you. It is unhealthy to be big and some brands sort of encourage people to think it's OK because they sell clothes in big sizes. I wish someone would have told me I was fat/had put loads of weight on and not sugar coated it because before I dieted there'd be plenty of days I'd wake up and be in total denial and think "well there are bigger people than me, it could be worse, no point changing!"

    ReplyDelete