Tuesday 13 May 2014

How to get those 'Sexy Summer Legs'

So Summer is fast approaching, I'm sure in my head it is still 2013! But somehow it is already nearly half way through the year may which just seems insane. It is getting to that time where it will start to get hot (well in England, the rain gets slightly warmer, but still) and you may want to start showing a bit more skin. So I thought I would share with you my top tips for getting sexy summer legs!

First of all, exfoliate, you wouldn't start a painting with a dirty canvas would you! I use a 'body scubber' (I have no idea what they are actually called but will leave an image below!) whenever I wash my body anyway, however some of the exfoliators that I have found to work well are;
The body shop body scrubs, the coconut one is my favourite yet so much of the body shop collection smells amazing, for 200ml it is only £12.50 and they do last ages.
The Soap & Glory 'Flake Away' exfoliator is another one of my favourites, and at a slightly cheaper price of £8 for 300ml, it is definitely worth a try!
I use a 'body scrubber' too so I never really have dead skin on my body, the gloves also work well however I think they are slightly too rough for me to use every wash. You can get these super cheap in basically any beauty shop or online!


















Second is to get rid of all that leg hair you may have left slightly too long while keeping your legs covered 'do I really need to have perfectly shaved legs under these jeans?' we are all guilty of it! So whether you shave, wax or epilate, do whatever you find easiest and best for you. I prefer to go and get my legs waxed professionally, however this means waiting for the hair to grow which just seems like so much effort when you want them hair-free NOW. I use conditioner to shave as I think it works just as well as shaving cream and leaves my legs feeling ah-mazing!



Finally, keep your legs moisturised. Whether you want to use a fake tan style moisturiser or just a regular one. I am currently using Palmers Firming Butter which I love! It smells amazing and it really does work to help tighten your skin, it's not a miracle worker but it helps as well as leaving my skin feeling amazingly soft. It is £4.85 in Boots for 315ml and I am just so in love! Some other moisturisers I love are the Body Shop body butters, they are really thick and but soak up nicely. I don't really like runny moisturisers that are really watery, so these are perfect and they all smell so so good (once again the coconut one is my favourite!) I also love the Hawiian Tropic moisturisers, I always use the after suns when going on holiday and they just smell fab (as you can tell, things have to smell amazing for me to use them!) This Lime Coolada Body Butter is £10.50 for 200ml but it really does make your skin feel so so good.  And some great gradual tanning moisturisers are the Garnier Summer Body (£5.10 for 250ml) and Loreal Sublime Bronze (£6.99 for 200ml) both are great moisturisers as well as giving you like sunkissed look, however always always remember whether using a gradual tan or an instant fake tan, always wear an applicator mitt as orange/brown palms are never a good look!




Thank you for reading as always, and I hope you enjoyed reading my few tips and tricks! How do you get your legs ready for the sun?

Byeeeeeeee.

Come over and find me.

Twitter : @bexrenshaw
Instagram : oh_boo_x



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh summer, I can't wait.
    I've been looking for a good body exfoliate so maybe I will try the Soap & Glory one... I've never used any of their products!!
    The coconut body butter from the Body Shop is one of my favorites too.
    Thanks for sending me your link.

    Xo, D.

    www.theloveoflipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing up the Soap & Glory one for a while! Might treat myself :)
    www.lalaloveschic.com

    ReplyDelete