Friday 2 May 2014

Outfits for Dubai

Hello all you beautiful people, I hope you are all well and excited for the weekend
If you didn't already know, I am actually in Dubai at the moment, which is amazing. However it it very different to England, and a lot of the world. I found finding outfits to pack quite difficult as I should keep my shoulders and knees (and everything between) covered, as if adapting to the crazy heat wasn't hard enough! So as I always do, I headed online to find inspiration for outfits. I started with looking on my usual websites for ideas and everything was too short or too revealing, then after a few hours of me getting more and more stressed I ended up typing things like 'what to wear in Dubai' and 'what to pack for Dubai 'and I found that there is very little help online for outfit inspirations for travelling to places such as Dubai. It also doesn't help that I am very petite so anything longer than my knee's makes me look like I've gone missing from a snow white film. So I tried my best to make my outfits comply by the rules and be respectful to the locals yet still be somewhat fashionable and flattering
I would just like to point out that tourists do not HAVE to be covered however I did not want to be disrespectful to the locals and I didn't want to feel uncomfortable, so it was my choice to be covered up. I would suggest you stay covered up when travelling to anywhere in the UAE (I think in Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia the rules are to be covered, so you HAVE to cover up), even in Dubai the police and locals will stop you if you look too revealing and ask you to cover up slightly
So today I thought I would share a few of the outfits I have worn so far, you'll have to excuse the lack of make up and frizzy hair, it is incredible hot and humid here

Image 
Pink Dress - New Look 
Shoes - Primark
Kimono - Internacionale   
Head Band and Belt - New Look 
Sunglasses - Stall at Reading Music Festival
Image 
Colour Splash Flower Maxi Dress - Ax Paris
Green Cropped Cardi - Warehouse
Gold Statement Rings - New Look
Image
Black Cropped Cardi - F & F
Black Vest Top - New Look
Pink Flowy Trousers - Ebay
FlipFlops - Piping Hot flip flops 
Image
Brown Dress - New Look
All other items have been worn in the other photographs

So you can see a recurring theme in all of these pictures, lots of covering up thus complying with the rules, I've been respectful with the skin I am showing however had my own spin on the outfits. What do you think of my outfit choices and what would you suggest I wear 
.As always, thank you for reading and I will see you super so
Byeeeeeeee

Come over and find me

Twitter: @ bexrenshaw
Instagram: oh_boo_x

2 comments:

  1. I really like all your maxi dresses and how you've paired them, luckily I'm quite tall so I think maxi dresses will be a cool alternative. Definitely need to get my hands on a kimono for sure! Thanks for the hints and tips, can't wait to go in September :) X

    www.peexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sending this again as my laptop freaked out and I'm not sure it posted my first comment!)

    These are such pretty looks! I really like your sense of style :D
    also congrats on being shortlisted :D

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete