Wednesday 26 March 2014

Tattoo's and Piercings

First of all, I am so sorry for being away for over a week, I finally have my laptop back and I am hoping it stays that way!
So I want to know your opinions on Tattoo's and Piercings!
Personally, as most of you know, I love both, but not always. I have both tattoo's and piercings, but the quality difference is just crazy. I had 3 of them done at studio's and one done at some guy's house, this one is obviously a lot worse than the rest, the lines are wonky and it just isn't as perfected as the others.
But I still love it, same with all my others, because they all have meaning to me.
My piercings, to me, don't really have meaning, they are just something I fancied. Most hold memories, like my rook I got done with a friend when we went to stay with my dad for the weekend, and both my 3rd's were done by Dave (with a lot of go on do it NO DONT just do it NO PLEASE DONT from me!)
But I do get a lot of horrible looks sometimes because I have a nose ring and pink hair people - especially older people, think I will be horrible. I obviously do my best to prove them wrong, I am a very polite person anyway and it does shock a lot of people when I say nice things because OBVIOUSLY I am a horrible person because I have piercings and tattoos!
The one thing I would say, if you are going to get a tattoo, DO NOT rush into it, find a really good tattooist that you feel comfortable with and make sure you look through their previous art work to make sure they are what you want, and remember it is going to be on your body forever, don't get something stupid (like a hello kitty bex?) that you won't want a few years down the line - yes I have a Hello Kitty tattoo...

Also the same goes for piercings, I have been to some amazing studios, and some not so good. Recently one I have been too was on the news for very nearly killing someone with a dodgy piercing, so I felt lucky. Although I have had my problems, I had my nose pierced and decided I wanted a ring in for a party (I was dressed as Ke$ha, I just had to have a nose ring) and then I went to change it back to a stud and it wouldn't go back in, so I went down to my local studio for help etc, so the next morning I woke up with no stud in my nose, confused I checked my bed and floor etc, and then I realised, it was inside my nose... the piercer had pulled it too tightly and it had got sucked in, so up to a&e I go, rushed in for emergency surgery, had my face chopped up and it was out. I still have the scar, and yes I went and got the other side pierced but I ALWAYS wear a ring now, hence all the fights I have with management at different places at work because I refuse to put a stud in.
So there is my little horror story, always check out the place you are going for piercings or tattoos, because you could be putting your life at risk.

Let me know how you feel about tattoos and piercings, and if you have any of your own horror stories you wish to share!

Byeeeeeeee.

Come over and find me.

Twitter : @bexrenshaw
Instagram : oh_boo_x

1 comment:

  1. I've had looks when I used to have pink hair, it wasn't all bad looks but I liked it and wasn't going to change it due to people's opinion :) I've got one tattoo done by my friend with a (sterile) needle and some tattoo ink, it's faded in different places and I'd definitely if I had another get it done properly.
    That's mad with your nose piercing! Good on you for sticking with a ring, it wouldn't be worth a hospital trip again.
    Loved reading this Bex I love a bit of tattoo/piercing type post!

    Laura
    xxx

    ReplyDelete