Sunday 6 April 2014

My Day At The Beach!

So I realised I didn't post much about my week in Canterbury, which is unlike me, haha! If you don't already know, I live in the Midlands, like in the middle of the Midlands, so I am at least 3 hours from a beach any way I go, and I haven't been to the beach in, I can't even remember last time I was at the beach, a few years ago!
So it was a super warm day, especially for early march, So me and Dave went off to Whitstable beach -about half an hour from Dave's University campus. It was beautiful, it's a pebble beach which was nice as I had my pumps on, and sand in shoes is never good. We stopped at a little wooden hut near the beach for lunch, I had chips and Dave had a fish finger sandwich, then I had ice cream (proper whippy ice cream from a van!) the woman in the ice cream van even asked if I wanted a flake, REALLY, who doesn't want a flake?! Dave had a super boring lemonade ice lolly, which I ended up eating as well in the end "I have finished mine, can I have a bit of yours?"
After stuffing our faces (and be getting covered in strawberry sauce like the 5 year old I am) we went and carried on exploring the beach, we found a mini pier where they kept boats so we wondered down there and sat on the egde and dangled our feet over the (horrible brown-ish coloured) sea! The sky was basically completely clear and the sun was super warm, however it was so windy, as you can tell in most of my pictures as my hair is just all over the place.
I decided on a plain outfit for the day, I wore a plain black vest top and skate skirt with spotty tights and my pumps, then my over sized thin cardi. I also wore my Eagle necklace and my skull scarf, which ended up coming off as it was really warm. I didn't take my camera so all the pictures were taking on my iPhone, but the quality isn't too bad. I thought I would share a few pictures I took on the day with you, so here you go!

 Dangling my feet over the sea, fearing for both my life, and the loss of my shoes!



I look like a super happy child with my ice cream!



 Slightly windswept and attempting to smile while terrified I was going to fall off, haha!






Blue sky selfie!


 Dave sat there for ages just watching the boats!






We attempted to get a picture with the sea but it was too bright.
We did manage to get ones with the sea but we both look slightly bizarre, apparently me, Dave and the sea couldn't all look good at the same time!




















Looking super windswept but happy I was at the beach!








A few Panoramic I took of the beach.



 And finally, leaving the best for last, me looking at this ice cream like it is the love of my life, and in all honesty, it was for the few minutes it took me to eat it. I can't even remember the last time I had a 'proper' whippy ice cream, especially at the beach.














So there is my day at the beach, I had such a lovely day. I know my outfit definitely does not shout 'Fashionista' but it was a relaxing day and I didn't really want to dress too nicely as I wanted to paddle in the sea - Dave wouldn't let me because "you'll just get wet and the complain that you are wet and cold and it will take about an hour to get home and you will just complain" DAD ALERT. But fair enough, he was probably right!

I hope you enjoyed this post, I don't tend to do 'What I did' posts as I never think anything is interesting enough for you guys to want a read about, but who doesn't want a see a girl with pink hair windswept and falling in love with ice cream at a beach?!

Byeeeeeeee.

Come over and find me.

Twitter : @bexrenshaw
Instagram : oh_boo_x

No comments:

Post a Comment