Friday 28 February 2014

Contouring

So I've heard a lot of people talk about Contouring recently, and for those of you that don't know, here is a description :

"Contouring is the art of shading and highlighting to bring out or lessen features. It works best when you use the same colour family, in lighter and darker shades. For instance, for blusher you blush as normal and if you want to have killer cheekbones, add a touch of a blusher a couple shades darker just under where you have put your blush, where you have slight hollows. This makes your cheekbones pop. Then you can add a lighter, shimmery colour on the top of your cheekbones. Blend as you don't want stripes. The darker shades recede things ( make them look smaller) and the lighter makes them stand out. I have a very slight double chin. If you take a brush with a little blush or bronzer on it and brush from under chin towards neck, straight down, it disappears. I have shaded it away! For noses, if its too long, a dab of blush/bronze on the end helps, or if too wide, brush a little on either side leaving the middle free. Experiment using the light/dark rule."

I didn't write this, mainly because of the fact I am useless at explaining things, I tend to say 'erm' 'like' and 'stuff' too much! I have quite a round face and don't have features that 'pop' so I thought I would try it out! I bought new make up for this, I used the MUA conceal & brighten kit in porcelain - beige, this cost me £2.50. I also used the MUA bronzer in shade 2 which cost me £1 and the baked highlighter from Savers which cost me £1.






 









My face does this thing where it turns really weird when a camera is present and turned really strange, so please excuse it, it doesn't mean to.






Firstly, I put on the highlighter, I put this on the middle of my nose, spreading up on to my forehead, under my eyes, on my chin, just above my cheek bones and under my eyebrows.



I then put on the bronzer, I placed this down the side (on the bone, if that makes sense) of my nose, either side of where I had put the highlighter on my nose, I also put bronzer, under the highlighter under my eyebrows, just under my cheek bones and along my jaw line. 



So this is the finished look, I'm not 100% sure I  look much different but it depends on the person. I have no features to make look better because my face is just very round, so it would work differently on each individual person. 





Always remember to blend so you don't have different coloured lines on your face!

Thank you guys for reading and let me know how you get on if you try. Also if you have any advice how to do this better then please let me know!


Byeeeeeeee.

Come over and find me.

Twitter : @bexrenshaw
Instagram : oh_boo_x

No comments:

Post a Comment