Monday 7 July 2014

My First Hen Party

So this weekend was my mom's best friends hen party but as it was Dave's birthday I had to say I couldn't go, however on Saturday Dave decided he wanted a 'lads night out' so I called up my mom and said I would be there! They were all there from Friday so I just turned up half way through, haha!
I had never been to a hen party, although I knew this wasn't a 'go out partying' kind of one you see on films, this was a lot more relaxed. My aunty had booked a huge barn conversion cottage that we all stayed in, we sat in the garden drinking champagne, we played pinata (which is really difficult by the way!) then danced the night away. As I knew I would be driving the next morning I didn't want to drink too much, however I don't really drink much anyway so I knew I would have fun without being hammered.
On the Saturday day they had all gone out to a spa for treatments and all had a manicure. It was such a relaxed weekend and so much fun, I definitely prefer thing like that to going on a night out where everyone is just that little bit too drunk.
I got there at around 8.30 so it was still light, and it was surrounded by a farm (but surprisingly there was no 'farm' smell at all) so off I went to see the animals, I cuddled a horse, stroked a sheep and had an oinking match with a pig, did you know that pigs don't actually 'oink' it is more of a grumbling sound, or at lease these pigs sounded like that!
The bride to be's daughter is one of my best friends, I've known her basically my whole like (minus the few months she wasn't born) and we are like sisters, however she now lives with her dad in Spain so it is super hard not seeing her, but she was there and oh my god I've never been so excited to see someone, I literally just jumped out of my car and onto her and we hugged for a good 5 minutes while my mom just stood looking like a lemon.
I did vlog some of it but as I wasn't really expecting to go, it was a real last minute decision I didn't really get time to do much as my storage on my phone was full and I hadn't got my camera with me, the usual unorganised Bex haha!
This post is on one hand just telling you what I did, but on the other hand reminding you that you can have fun without drinking and without doing what you would usually do. a lot of my friends think the only way to have fun is to go out and get super drunk when it reality, there is so many things I would prefer to do and if I am ever lucky enough to have a hen party I would love it to be a more relaxed night instead of the stress of a night out!

I do have a few more beauty and fashion posts coming this week (a few reviews too), but I am really enjoying lifestyle posts at the moment.

Byeeeeeeeee.

Twitter : @bexrenshaw
Facebook : www.facebook.co.uk/bexrenshaw.bbb
Instagram : oh_boo_x
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof08et9DP7sMC8-nqq-ZUg 

No comments:

Post a Comment